With a surface of 5.2 km², this bay is characterised by broken coasts, dominated by hills and bordered with white sandy beaches and coconuts. Located in “Terre de Haut” Island, the bay of “Les Saintes” attracts luxury yachts, pleasure boats, cruise ships and big sail boats which cross through the Antilles. In 2001, the Bay became part of the club of “The most beautiful Bays in the world” .
The bays members of the club must:
– Being under protection
– Having interesting flora and fauna
– Having attractive and remarkable natural areas
– Being famous and appreciated locally and nationally
– Being symbolic for the local population
– Having an economic potential